By the end of March Android users should be able to pay for items under £30 with their phone rather than having to use cash or a bank card.
US users can already enjoy the benefits of paying with their phone, and recent news stories have touted that Android Pay should be available in the UK by the end of the month.
What is it?
Android Pay enables users to securely add a credit or debit card to their phone and pay for items just by swiping their device over a contactless payment terminal.
What do I need?
· Your device needs NFC (Near Field Communication).
· You will need the Android Pay app installed on your phone.
· Your phone will need to be secured by a PIN, password, pattern or fingerprint.
· Your handset needs to be on Android 4.4 or above.
· Your bank will need to support the technology.
So, will you be using Android Pay to purchase you next coffee or sandwich?